I-17 Anthem Way Project
The Interstate 17 (I-17) is the only direct route connecting the Phoenix area with northern Arizona and the mountainous, federal forest land that flanks the highway offers no reasonable alternate routes. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is planning to implement improvements to the I-17 corridor that are necessary to increase capacity and safety.
The project will help address the congestion and travel delays currently experienced along the corridor on weekends and holidays by:
- Adding lanes to achieve three general-purpose lanes in each direction from the Anthem Way TI to the north of the Coldwater Canyon Road TI
- Adding two Flex Lanes parallel to the southbound lanes from north of the Coldwater Canyon Road TI to the Sunset Point Rest Area
- Improving bridges, drainage, traffic, and roadways to accommodate the proposed widening
- Relocating or protecting Utilities in the corridor
- Adding ITS technology to improve traffic flow and the operation of the Flex Lanes
- Improving signage
For additional project details, visit: ADOT I-17 Improvements (improvingi17.com)
The Kiewit-Fann Joint Venture (KFJV) is a strategic partnership between two trusted Arizona firms that have extensive experience working in rural environments, delivering highway projects. KFJV team members have an extensive history together on successful design-build and CMAR projects and have long-standing relationships with ADOT, local jurisdictions, and the community.
- KIEWIT INFRASTRUCTURE WEST CO. With more than 200 staff and over 300 local craft workers, KIWC’s Phoenix office was founded in 1963 and is one of the region’s largest contractors, with access to the trained design and construction professionals of a nationwide organization of affiliates. Their resources also include the largest privately-owned equipment feet in North America, giving KIWC constructors the tools they need to deliver work on schedule.
- FANN CONTRACTING, INC. brings over 60 years of heavy civil construction experience throughout the state of Arizona. They have become one of the state’s leading general contractors and specialize in technical construction projects of all types and sizes including highway and transportation, roads and streets, public works utilities, water and wastewater, commercial and residential developments, landfill, aviation, and other unique project endeavors.
- KIEWIT ENGINEERING GROUP INC. will be the Lead Engineer managing design services and leading the design team. With over 600 construction-driven engineers, KEG develops innovative, constructible design concepts that are easily incorporated into final design packages. To address the unique design challenges, KEG has selected a team of engineering partners with recent, directly relevant experience:
- T.Y. Lin
- Lee Engineering
- Wheat Design Group
POTENTIAL SUBCONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES
KFJV is assembling a team to pursue the I-17 Anthem Way project. We are seeking diverse and local firms interested in professional services and construction subcontract opportunities. Scopes of work include, but not limited to:
- Construction Water
- GGL Pile Testing
- Permanent Barrier
- PVC / HDPE Pipe Materials
- STS Drill Bits
- Light Plants
- Deep Foundations Drill Shafts
- Tieback / Rock Anchors Shoring
- Fence and Handrail
- Powerline Install and ROW
- Sign Drilled Shafts
- Sound wall footing
- Furnish & Install Precast Girders
- Bearing Pad Testing
- Traffic Control
WORK WITH US!
KFJV believes in partnering and investing in the local, small, and diverse businesses in the communities where we work and live. We have a track record of meeting or exceeding participation goals on projects, locally and nationwide.
We are committed to meeting or exceeding the DBE participation goal established for this project:
- 10.16% for Professional Services
- 10.88% for Construction Work
We evaluate companies on different criteria based on specific project requirements. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Safety performance
- Proven quality
- Insurance and bonding capability
- On-time performance
- Years in business
- Past performance with KFJV or Client
- Value-added products or services
KFJV is committed to providing meaningful and safe opportunities for interested firms to engage with our team to access the information and resources necessary to foster participation in this project. We hope to connect with you at one of our future general outreach sessions.
SAVE THE DATE!
- Spring 2022, KFJV DBE Outreach Event, Location TBD
- Summer 2022, KFJV DBE Workshop, Location TBD
- Fall 2022, KFJV DBE Workshop, Location TBD
- Winter 2022, KFJV DBE Outreach Event, Location TBD
- Spring 2023, KFJV DBE Workshop, Location TBD
- Summer 2023, KFJV DBE Outreach Event, Location TBD
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- For details about attaining Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification, contact the ADOT Business Engagement and Compliance visit: https://azdot.gov/business/business-engagement-and-compliance/dbe-supportive-services/dbe-supportive-services-program or contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Resources and Support
- America’s SBDC: COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- Google: Helping your business through COVID-19
- SBA Coronavirus Relief Programs
- Small Business Majority: COVID-19: DAILY UPDATES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Contact us to learn about anticipated subcontract opportunities on the I-17 Anthem Way project at [email protected].
KFJV is committed to meeting or exceeding stated project participation requirements upon award of ongoing and upcoming Arizona Department of Transportation projects; assisting interested DBEs in obtaining bonding, lines of credit or insurance; providing interested DBEs information related to the plans, specifications and requirements for work to be subcontracted or supplied by these DBEs; assisting interested DBEs in obtaining necessary equipment, supplies, materials or related assistance or services; sub-dividing bid items into economically feasible work units to DBEs every advantage to quoting the project.
KFJV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.